Start Getting Your Business Online Today
Get your website Search Engine Marketing started yourself:
These listings will help Google and other Search Engines find you – and help your customers find you and share your business with others. These suggestions apply to almost all types of businesses.
TIP: Keep your Name, Address & Phone Number (NAP) exactly the same across your website and any directories you submit to. e.g. – Always use Street or St – don’t mix it up.
Google My Business:
- Get your FREE business listing at Google My Business.
- Probably the #1 thing you can do for your website and business.
- Adds your listing to Local Results and Google Maps.
- Visit Facebook to set up your business page.
- Go to Facebook.com/username to claim your proper Page name.
Bing Business Portal:
- Claim your free business listing on Bing Places for Business.
- Help increase your visibility and influence customers to visit your business.
- Add or claim your venue at Foursquare for Business. (now cost US$20)
- Alternatively, find your venue on Foursquare and suggest some edits. (under address)
- Foursquare venues and tips power many other search results now.
- Michael and AusClicks are a Super User Level 2, so can edit your basic venue for you if you like.
- Visit Twitter and set up your business name as an account.
- Twitter is probably the easiest way to interact with customer complaints and compliments.
Submit your website:
- Please note these links are correct as of April 2021.
- It’s not uncommon for them to change or be removed from time to time.
Why give away all these great ideas?
Good Karma mostly.
But for the most part – most of these ideas need to be done by the business owner, or at least someone physically AT the business. These directories verify listings via a phone call or SMS. We can extend, enhance and optimise these listings once they are set up, but you need to get the ball rolling for us.
Don’t feel any pressure to actually “use” things like Foursquare, Yelp and others – though users will probably have a better idea how others will use their listings. Just make sure your business is available for other users to check in and promote your business for you.
We hope these ideas will help your business online – especially for our new Dubbo friends. The more people who can succeed online, especially in regional and rural Australia, the better for everyone.
Seriously – stop reading this and go get your Google My Business page.