@ AusClicks @

Website Help For Business Owners

Whoops… emailed borked in early Jan.

Looks like our switch to the new website wasn’t as smooth as it seemed.

Part of the switch involved using a new setup for email and instead using NetRegistry for our email hosting. The initial testing was fine, but when we switched the new site on, the whole DNS / parking / mishmash got mixed up and basically our email was mostly broken for about 3 weeks.

I say “mostly broken” because it was one of those wonderful IT problems where it works OK for you, but broken for others. We were getting some messages, but obviously not others. That combined with the quiet Xmas period and we didn’t really notice the lack of emails arriving.

That and waiting for baby #2 to arrive kept me more than enough distracted to not think about email much.

But one of our clients alerted us to the problem last week and the guys from NetRegistry were great in fixing things asap. To keep things interesting I somehow twisted my back on Wednesday morning so I’ve been in bed the last 5 days recovering and not been able to do any work.

All better this morning – my back and email.

Ironic that we are trying this new setup to avoid email hosting problems from the past. But the idea is solid and if anything, this mistake has actually led to a better way of doing things again.

Unfortunately if you sent any email either directly or via our new contact form from January 1 to about January 18 – we didn’t get it. I’ve tried recovering things this morning – but seems it’s lost. I will be trying to manually contact a few people we know we missed communicating with over the last couple of weeks, but obviously we will miss others that tried and didn’t realise our problems. It’ll take a day or three to catch up completely I expect.

Cheers.

Michael.

Scroll to Top